Handwoven Banig Mats
Pre-order Now Open
Beautiful, handwoven banig mats from Bukidnon, Philippines. Made from woven sodsod grass with patterns inspired by nature.
- Size: Round, 3' or 4' round diameter.
- Materials: Plant-dyed and natural colored woven grass.
- Make: Proudly handwoven by the TWWA, Tagolwanen Women Weavers Association, which actively preserves its traditional cultures.
- Provenance: From the Bukidnon-Tagoloanen Weavers, of Bukidnon, Philippines - the ancestral home of the Bukidnon-Tagoloanen lumad.
- Patterns: Inspired by native motifs including mountains, stars, land, and flowers, revered in ancient Philippine traditions.
Each handwoven banig is individual and distinct, and no two are identical. If you prefer to have a banig with a specific pattern (mountain, stars, land, or flowers), please include it in the notes upon checkout.
Shipping time: If your chosen banig is ready, please allow 8 weeks for your woven banig to arrive. If you have a custom banig color and pattern request, please allow the weavers to complete the banig before accounting for shipping time.