Dagat Forearm Bangle
The Dagat Bangle is a traditional T’boli brass forearm bangle with elegant details recalling the waves of the sea. Handmade by the T’boli in Lake Sebu, Cotabato, Philippines. Named after the word dagat meaning ocean or sea.
- Size: Approximately 3" diameter. Can be worn as a loose bracelet or band on the forearm. Unisex.
- Materials: Upcycled brass
- Make: Individually handmade using traditional T'boli techniques
- Provenance: Lake Sebu, Cotabato, Philippines - the ancestral home of the T'boli and Blaan tribes
- Pattern: Diagonal wave pattern, a symbol used throughout the Philippines
Read more about how these bangles were made here.