Indigo Ikat Embroidered Jacket
One of a kind
A stunning indigo ikat-dyed and hand-embroidered jacket from Abra, Philippines, featuring plant-dyed natural colors. Embroidered details of nature, flora, and fauna. Unisex.
- Size: Approximately US L. Measurements - 40" chest; 28" length; 21" sleeve.
- Materials: Cotton-poly; plant-dyed, natural colored cotton-poly blend.
- Make: Completely handmade with handwoven fabric, hand-dyed, and hand-embroidered.
- Provenance: From the culture bearers at the School of Living Traditions, Abra, Philippines - the ancestral home of the Itneg/Tingguian and also home to traditional Philippine plant dyes.
- Patterns: Decorative butiki and rice (denoting luck and abundance), revered in ancient Philippine traditions.
- Care: Hand wash and air dry or dry clean.
Read more about Abra, the capital of Philippine plant dyeing here.