The Yakan headscarf are woven by hand and can also be worn as a neckerchief, or across the waist. All patterns are created in a complex weaving design technique called suk-suk. Patterns may vary slightly as each weaver creates distinct patterns.
- Size: Appromixately 28” x 28”
- Colors: Available in red, yellow, blue, and black base colors.
- Pattern: Varying geometric patterns.
- Make: Handwoven.
- Provenance: Basilan and Zamboanga, Philippines.
- Care: Hand wash and air dry or dry clean.
Read more about the Yakan weaving tradition here.