Él (River) Forearm Bangle
The Él Bangle is a traditional Tboli brass forearm bangle with elegant details recalling the waves of rivers. Handmade by the Tboli in Lake Sebu, Cotabato, Philippines. Named after the word él meaning river.
- Size: Approximately 3" diameter. Can be worn as a loose bracelet or band on the forearm. Unisex.
- Materials: Upcycled brass
- Make: Individually handmade using traditional T'boli techniques
- Provenance: Lake Sebu, Cotabato, Philippines - the ancestral home of the Tboli and Blaan tribes
- Pattern: Diagonal wave pattern, a symbol used throughout the Philippines for rivers.
Read more about how these bangles were made here.