Itneg Face Mask
Handwoven, hand-embroidered, reusable face masks for general use. Featuring diverse symbols of Itneg/Tingguian embroidery and plant-dyed colors from Abra, Philippines.
- Reusable for general wear. Not medical grade.
- Size: One size for adults. Limited "pre-teen/teen" sizes.
- Materials: Handwoven cotton blends with embroidery threads.
- Make: Completely handmade with handwoven fabric, hand-dyed, and hand-embroidered.
- Provenance: From the culture bearers at the School of Living Traditions, Abra, Philippines - the ancestral home of the Itneg/Tingguian and also home to traditional Philippine plant dyes.
- Patterns: Traditional patterns of decorative tao-tao, butiki and palaka (people, lizard and frog).
- Care: Hand wash and air dry or machine-wash on gentle cycle. Wash between uses.
Our Commitment to our Partner Communities
100% of the proceeds of our Itneg Face Masks go towards our partner Itneg/Tingguian communities in Abra, Philippines, through the School of Living Tradition Itneg and Namarabar Natural Dyes.