Kdaw (Sun) Bangle
Made by indigenous Tboli artisans in Lake Sebu, Philippines, the Kdaw Bangle is a traditional Tboli brass bangle with elegant details recalling the sun, sea, and the four directions. Handmade using traditional brass casting techniques by the Tboli in Lake Sebu, Cotabato, Philippines. Named after kdaw, the Tboli word for sun.
- Size: Approximately 1.5" tall, cuff diameter 2.75".
- Materials: Upcycled brass.
- Make: Hand-crafted using traditional Tboli brass casting techniques.
- Provenance: Made by cultural elder and brass artisan Bundos Fara in Lake Sebu, South Cotabato, Philippines - ancestral home to the Tboli and Blaan tribes.
- Symbols: Spiral ferns, the four directions of the wind, and kdaw, the sun.
- Care: With a soft cloth, polish with baking soda and lemon. Keep dry.
Read more about how these bangles were made here.