Kinamayan Embroidered Blanket
One of a Kind
A beautiful kinamayan blanket from Abra, Philippines. Handwoven and plant-dyed by the Agaid family from farm-harvested plant pigments. featuring plant-dyed natural colors. A light-weight blanket and wraparound with hand-embroidery featuring details of nature. The kinamayan is a traditional blanket also used for wall hangings.
- Size: Approximately 47" x 62".
- Materials: Cotton-poly blend.
- Make: Individually hand-dyed, woven, and embroidered by the Agaid family.
- Provenance: From the culture bearers at the School of Living Traditions, Abra, Philippines - the ancestral home of the Itneg/Tingguian and also home to traditional Philippine plant dyes.
- Pattern: Frog patterns associated with fertility and good harvest.
- Care: Hand wash and air dry.