Turquoise Mountain Banig Mat
Ready to Ship
A beautiful, handwoven banig mat from Bukidnon, Philippines. Made from woven sodsod grass with patterns inspired by nature.
- Size: Round, approximately 4' diameter.
- Color: Turquoise green and natural.
- Materials: Plant-dyed and natural colored woven grass.
- Make: Proudly handwoven by the TWWA, Tagolwanen Women Weavers Association, which actively preserves its traditional cultures.
- Provenance: From the Bukidnon-Tagoloanen Weavers, of Bukidnon, Philippines - the ancestral home of the Bukidnon-Tagoloanen lumad.
- Patterns: Inspired by native motifs including mata-mata (ancestor eyes) and mountain patterns.
- Care: Keep dry. Gentle bend to reshape.
Each handwoven banig is individual and distinct; no two are identical. Read more about how these were woven here.