Ifugao Lingling-o Necklace
Handmade by the Ifugao in the Corderilla mountains of the Philippines, the lingling-o is a centuries-old symbol of fertility and luck since the Metal Age of the Philippines from 500-1000 AD. The negative space formed within the solid pendant is often interpreted to represent the internal female reproductive system.
Because these are handmade, each one has slight differences and individual markings.
Mini: 1/4" x 1/4" pendant.
Small: Approx. 5/8" x 5/8" pendant.
Medium: Approx. 7/8" x 7/8" pendant.
Large: Approx. 1 1/8" x 1 1/8" pendant.
X-Large: Approx. 1 3/8" x 1 3/8" pendant.
- Sizes: Made completely by hand, each one is unique and the sizes listed are approximate within 1/8" variation.
- Materials: Upcycled brass, leather cord.
- Make: Hand-crafted and individually-made. Because these are handmade, each one has slight differences and individual markings.
- Provenance: Ifugao, Philippines - home to the renowned Rice Terraces hand-carved into the mountains.
- Symbol: Ifugao lingling-o symbol of fertility and luck.
- Care: With a soft cloth, polish with baking soda and lemon. Keep dry.